One must admit that Aqua Marina is definitely the leader of the industry of inflatable paddle boards. Indeed, this is a brand that has been around since iSUPs became a thing and gradually evolved into one of the best inflatable paddle board brands out there.
In other words, the brand at hand is at a level where it can pretty much deliver a perfect board to any paddler out there, taking into consideration their preference, size, gender, likes and dislikes. Simply put, Aqua Marina is a leader and that is best exhibited through their new Breeze iSUP.
The Breeze is a unique inflatable paddle board with enough appeal to quickly make it your first choice especially if you’re on a budget.
Aqua Marina Breeze Review — Features & Specs
- Large, comfortable deck pad
- Sculpted balance flow curves board design
- EVA deck with honeycomb groove design for maximum traction
- A practical cargo tie-downs for securing your belongings
- Multiple D-rings around the pad for kayak seat attachment
- 1 center carry handle
- Tri-fin setup
- Package includes:
- The board
- Adjustable aluminum two-piece paddle
- A high pressure hand pump with pressure gauge
- Carry bag
|Dimensions||9'9" Long x 30" Wide x 4" Thick|
|Material||Double-wall drop stitch PVC construction|
|Weight limit||209 lbs|
|Number of D-rings||7 D-rings
|Recommended PSI||15 PSI|
|Fins||1 center + 2 side fins|
|Carry handles||1 center carry handle|
|Warranty||1 year warranty|
In order to understand the reasoning behind any inflatable paddle board, you must study its size because it can give away a lot of the board’s intentions. So, let’s find out just how versatile this board really is.
Starting at the top, the board in question is generally considered to be pretty large and that is basically determined by its length.
Accordingly, the Breeze measures a promising 9 feet 9 inches which is the perfect length for a lot of paddlers. Actually, due to its size, the board is made to be compatible with a large variety of paddlers including teenagers, young adults and adults. Also, at 9 feet 9 inches, the
Breeze is also developed to endure strong currents and create more stability which will be enhanced via its width.
Speaking of width, the second most important dimension on any board is its width because it doesn’t only impact performance but also your experience as a paddler. Hence, the board at hand stands at a steady 30 inches in width which strikes a perfect ration with its length, creating a stable and resistant platform. In fact, the board at hand will grant you enough space to move around and balance yourself out without the risk of continuously falling off which is always a good thing.
Thickness is often disregarded as a secondary dimension. However, it is in fact just as impactful as the previous two if not more. Definitely, the Breeze is significantly influenced by its 4 inches thick hull. The board at hand is a solid pick for female or teenage paddlers because of its weight limit of 200 pounds. Accordingly, if you happen to be a male who weighs even a couple pounds over that weight limit then we suggest you check a different board because this one is just not right for you.
As far as quality is concerned, Aqua Marina has been able to establish the fact that it is easily one of the toughest brands on the market. In translation, the Breeze definitely inherits Aqua Marina’s dedication to quality which is why it is completely made of military grade PVC material.
This material is so robust yet it can still float which is why it’s found in military zodiacs, river rafts, and certain bulletproof vests. In other words, the Breeze is made to outlast you basically which includes terrain obstacles and rough storage / packaging.
In addition to the crocodile tough crust, the board takes it up a notch by adopting a industrial double wall drop stitch construction which is a complicated term for everlasting connection. Indeed, the board will thus be sealed perfectly, leaving no room for accidents or mishaps and that’s quite necessary for paddle boarding.
Features have always been a big thing for inflatable paddle boards specifically because unlike hard boards, the inflatable and flexible nature of the Breeze enables the manufacturer to add on a couple of practical little features that you’ll definitely need as a paddler.
- Starting at the visual level, the most attractive feature on the Breeze has got to be its honeycomb groove gripping pad which covers pretty much the entirety of the board’s platform. This pad won’t only improve your balance but also your grip and command over the board.
- Moreover, the Breeze also features an advanced cargo net, consisting of 4 D-rings on the nose of the board. The net is definitely a neat little touch as it will enable you to secure / transport anything from your paddle to your sandals hands free.
- Further, the board also features a couple rings on the tail which can be used to install a kayak seat, opening up a whole new area of experiences for yourself. The cloth seat is not included but it’s pretty cheap and can be found easily. Also, the board features an extra ring on the tail for ankle leash attachment.
Performance isn’t really something most beginning paddlers worry about as their primary concern is to get their hands on a functional board that won’t be hard to handle and that would be fun to use.
Accordingly, Aqua Marina designed the Breeze with a beginner in mind which means that it is a fun and easy to handle inflatable paddle board because it is more stable and sturdy. Indeed, the board at hand is definitely not a racing board but it’s one hell of an entry level iSUP, especially considering its relatively low price tag.
In conclusion, the Breeze is easy to command, spacious, stable and responsive which is enabled via its smooth edges, lifting nose, wide hull head and tri-fin navigation system.
- A high pressure hand pump with pressure gauge
- A removable central fin
- Adjustable aluminum two-piece paddle.
- A back pack carry bag
- Aqua Marina Breeze is a great budget-friendly inflatable paddle board.
- It’s perfect for beginners such as kids, teens …etc.
- It’s designed specifically for small people.
- It can be turned to a sit-on top kayak with a kayak seat attachment.
- It’s relatively stable.
- It’s very light weight
- It’s easy to use, inflate/deflate, transport and very affordable.
- Aqua Marina Breeze is just 4″ inches thick
- The weight limit on this board is only 209lbs
- It’s not well suited for taller/heavier people or for two people