Another great product brought out to the world by Aqua Marina is the Drift Fishing iSUP. Yes, Aqua Marina makes all different types of inflatable boards for different activities and different interests.
This board here is a piece of art if you ask me; and I’m saying this because I know how a man who loves fishing would feel once he sees it. Aqua Marina thought of everything possible to make this board practical, functional and durable as it also included an actual cooler to the package; as a result, the Drift Fishing meets everything required and expected from a fishing/standup paddle board.
If you are here because you’re into fishing, then I suggest that you stick around because I’m pretty sure you’re going to like what’s next.
Aqua Marina Drift Fishing Review — Features & Specs
- Extra thick and durable 6" double-wall drop stitch core material
- Independent side chambers for safety and stability concern
- Large diamond heat-embossed EVA anti-slip foot pad
- Built-in fishing rod holding mounts on both sides
- 2 Stainless steel D-rings in center for attaching fish cooler box
- Kool Fihsing cooler with high back seat, bait well and storage boxes included
- Paddle holder
- Package includes :
- 1 slide-in fin
- A high-pressure pump
- A carry bag
|Dimensions||10'10" Long x 38" Wide x 6" Thick|
|Material||Military-grade PVC material and drop-stitch construction|
|Number of D-rings||7 D-rings
|Recommended PSI||15 PSI|
|Fins||One slide-in center fin|
|Carry handles||1 center carry handle|
|Warranty||1 year warranty|
This board is 10.10 feet tall, 38 inches wide and 6 inches thick. I’m pretty sure you noticed the number “38”, you’re right; very few brands reach this width measurement.
The Drift Fishing is made to conquer the water with two side air chambers which mean a great deal of stability for anyone who wants to start stand up paddling or fishing with confidence.
Then, there is length. For many activities, any board that is around 10 or 11 feet will do just great. It’s not a huge board that’s for sure, but it’s quite big enough for fishing, touring, Yoga or just chilling.
As for thickness, 6 inches is the best number anyone could ask for, and with this quality, the Drift Fishing is nearly impossible to bend; it’s thick enough to take up 290 LBS without struggle or flexing.
Durability is every brand’s main goal when it comes to building their iSUPs. Aqua Marina takes this exact aspect very seriously because a durable inflatable board means a satisfied customer and good reputation.
The Aqua Marina Drift Fishing is made of a double-wall drop stitch and military grade core material that make the board go fully hard and stiff once inflated. This board can definitely take a beating while withstanding outdoor circumstances.
Let’s not forget that any inflatable product is exposed to possible damage in case of contact with a sharp item like a knife or a nail… however, bumping into rocks, throwing the inflated board around, or even driving over it won’t harm it. Yet, my advice is that everyone should be a friendly user to extend your board’s life.
This is the part where you get to know how special the Drift Fishing is. This iSUP is featured with:
- Two separate side air chambers; they add extra width to the iSUP (38”) which automatically mean extra stability. It’s a feature that it rarely found on regular inflatable boards, making the Aqua Marina Drift fishing a unique board. With this much balance, you can do more than just fishing on this iSUP.
- An EVA traction pad that is diamond grooved and heat embossed for maximum traction and durability. It covers half the board’s back and it’s stiff and soft at the same time for your feet/knees to stay sturdy and comfortable.
- You’ll also find two built-in fishing rod holders on both sides of the boards; you won’t lose your rod while paddling once you put it in place. It’s so convenient you could just enjoy the view while the bait is in the water.
- As for the bungee system; the Drift Fishing is featured with 7 stainless steel D-rings; they’re rigid, durable, and amazingly functional when it comes to fishing or standup paddle boarding in general. 4 D-rings are on the front and are connected with a bungee cord. Another 2 D-rings are fixed on the traction pad so you can secure the cooler which is an outstanding add to this board, and the last D-ring is on the board’s tail for safety leash attachment.
- Last but not least, the Drift Fishing comes with a large central slide-in fin which can be easily removed in order to pack the deflated board. This fin allows the board to deliver a smooth water tracking in flat water with minimum effort.
The Aqua Marina Drift Fishing got its share of it and this is what you’ll find:
- A Kool cooler which I’d say is the best thing about this iSUP. It can be easily attached to the board using the D-rings and a bungee cord. As for the inside of the cooler, you’ll find little storage boxes where you can put different baits and save them fresh for the fishes to bite on.
- The famous Aqua Marina high pressure hand pump which will do the job and inflate the main and side chambers as it should (15 psi).
- And finally, a Magic backpack is featured so you can pack and store the deflated board.
As you can see, this is another package that lacks a paddle; which honestly breaks my heart. However, I’m a water person and I have a bunch of paddles that can do the job. If you’re a beginner; you can order one along with the board hoping to receive them at the same day and be able to start you stand up paddling experience.
The least to be said about the Aqua Marina Drift Fishing is that it’s as stable as ever; with the extra side air chambers, it’s nearly impossible to see this board flip or wiggle. It tracks nicely in flat water be it a river, a lake or a beach, and it’s pretty responsive to the paddling motion and body weight.
Speed is not emphasized when it comes to this board, because simple it’s made for fishing in the first place. Still, it can be used to enjoy some recreational paddling or touring.
- The Aqua Marina Drift Fishing is featured with 2 side air chambers for maximum stability (38 inches wide).
- It comes with a great functional cooler to save the baits in it.
- It has two built-in fishing rod holders.
- It’s featured with 7 D-rings; 4 of which are attached with a bungee cord.
- It comes with a pump, pressure gauge, and backpack.
- The Extra air chambers cause a little more time to inflate the whole board.
- The package does not include a paddle.