Bestway might not be a pioneer in the industry of inflatable paddle boards but it’s definitely one of the fastest rising names out there.
Actually, we have reviewed a couple of Bestway inflatable paddle boards before and they have proven to be highly reliable in limited specialties. However, today we will be taking a look at the Bestway Hydro-Force Oceana Tech, which is supposed to be an all-around type of board.
Indeed, the board in question is one of the newest additions to an impressive set of iSUP boards but this one is taking on a bigger challenge.
The Bestway Oceana Tech is a great choice for beginners who are looking to get out on the water and not pay $600-$1,000. This 6-inch board is very stable, which allows newbies the chance to get their balance better than the typical 4-inch boards that you’ll see in this price range.
Overall, this is a great starter board that’s not going to break the bank and will give you lots of enjoyment out on the water.
Bestway Hydro-Force Oceana iSUP Review – Features & Specs
No products found.
- Large soft EVA deck pad
- Front tie-down system to stow all of your gear
- Towing D-ring beneath the nose
- Leash attachment D-ring on the tail
- 2 carry handles
- Tri-fin setup
- Package includes:
- Paddle board
- Hand pump (see our electric sup pump reviews)
- Deluxe backpack
- Surf leash
|Dimensions||10' Long x 33" Wide x 6" Thick|
|Material||Multi-layer PVC Material & Drop Stitch|
|Weight limit||287 Lbs|
|Number of D-rings||8 D-rings
|Recommended PSI||15 PSI|
|Carry handles||2 carry handles|
First things first, a board is highly dependent on its dimension to determine which category of people it is designed for. Fortunately, Bestway didn’t take any chances on this board and went with the safest bet in length, width, and thickness.
In terms of length, the board at hand measures exactly 10 feet, which is the equivalent of 3 meters. Accordingly, you can already imagine all the activities and types of movement you will be able to perform on this board. Speaking of which, the Bestway Hydro-Force Oceana has everything a beginner needs. However, it is primarily designed to appeal to yoga lovers.
Further, the width of a board has a huge influence on its performance. So, to enhance stability and reduce wobbling to the max, Bestway committed to a very reliable 33 inches width. The width of the board is thus going to pour into that yoga practice directly, giving you the necessary balance, stability, and obviously, enough room to perform all yoga poses imaginable.
As far as thickness goes, the Oceana Tech opts for a safe 6 inches, the equivalent of 15 centimeters. In fact, this board is so thick that it is pretty much impossible to sustain any bending motion which cannot be said about thinner boards. Also, because it is significantly thicker, it is capable of handling up to 287 pounds or 130 Kgs, which is plenty for you and a pet/toddler.
Quality is undeniably a big deal, especially when we’re talking about inflatable items. To be frank, inflatable boards suffered a lot due to counterfeit products & poorly designed attempts to make a quick buck. However, based on our experience with the brand, we can argue that Bestway is one of the brands that is truly fighting this stereotype aggressively.
Indeed, Bestway adopts pretty much the same base material in the build of its boards and the Oceana Tech is no exception.
Accordingly, this board is made out of resilient industrial-grade PVC that is both flexible and impressively durable. Indeed, this type of coat will endure bumps, scratches & rough environments without taking on any damage.
Also, to ensure that the coat sticks together firmly, Bestway invests in an industrial drop stitch construction that ensures the stitches are adjacent and tight to the extreme, thereby evaporating all risks of punctures and damage.
Features might not be a big deal to most people looking for a fun-time inflatable paddle board. However, for those of you who are looking for a serious investment that you’ll be often using, you should probably keep an eye open for what the Oceana Tech has to offer.
- First, since this is primarily developed to suit Yoga lovers, it was expected to see a premium anti-slipping pad, covering most of its surface.
- This board features one of the best quality EVA deck pads which is both soft and grippy enough to go through your entire yoga routine comfortably.
- Moreover, this board features a nifty little tie-down system on the nose area where you can store any of your personal belongings/accessories or simply tuck away your paddle once you’ve reached a spot you’re comfortable in.
- If you’re concerned about the size of this board, then you should feel relief once you learn that it comes with a couple of handles, one of which is right at the center of the platform to allow you to carry the entire thing individually at ease.
- Last but not least, the Bestway Hydro-Force Oceana Tech comes with a triple fin navigation system that is designed to enhance both straight tracking and responsiveness. Therefore, once left to the current, the board will stay in a straight line but it will also respond quickly to your navigation once pointed in a certain direction.
In terms of performance, it is important to note that Oceana Tech is slow but stable, steady but not that responsive. However, those are necessary elements for any beginner out there who are looking for a simple all-around inflatable SUP board that would keep them on board no matter what.
This paddle board is lighter than normal, but it’s not shorter than many other beginner-type boards out there. For the price, this is a great investment if you’re looking to get out on flat water or calm moving water conditions.
The top deck is a soft, cushioned non-slip traction pad to boost the rider’s balance. You can even take your yoga practice on the water as the non-slip traction pad will help keep you balanced as you strike a pose.
The packaging is truly the cherry on top of the cake for most inflatable paddle boards because the package often contains all the necessary accessories to maintain and enjoy the paddle boarding experience without inconvenience.
Fortunately enough, the Oceana Tech is no different as it is shipped with:
- A deluxe backpack
- A high-pressure hand pump
- An ankle leash
- The Bestway Hydro-force Oceana is a great entry-level iSUP
- It’s featured with a nice EVA deck pad.
- It’s reasonably priced.
- It’s quite stable.
- It’s ideal for yoga enthusiasts.
- This iSUP doesn’t come with a paddle. However, that allows you to save money on the kit and purchase the paddle that fits you best.