BlueFin is what you can call a fresh brand in the realm of inflatable stand up paddle boards. This name saw the light back in 2013 when a group of ambitious youngsters decided to make their passion more than just a hobby or pastime.
Ever since, the name BlueFin got enough attention to the point they were nominated as the #1 BEST INFLATABLE SUP for 2018.
The people behind BlueFin are proud to admit that they’re control freaks who want to everything to be perfectly on point; that’s why they personally test every single board before it’s being directly handed to the client without a middleman who might interfere in the actual coast of their products or simple provide a service that’s not up to their standards.
Let’s not talk about the founders and their policies any further, and let’s see what the Bluefin Cruise SUP has to offer.
BlueFin Cruise iSUP – Features & Specs
- High pressure laminated finish
- Thermosealed Crocodile Deckpad
- UV resistant HQ Coating
- Super reinforced Composite Dropstitch
- Premium Grade Inflation Valve
- Kayak Conversion kit with dual paddle and seat
- 1 Center Grab Handle
- Tri-fin setup ( Twin Outer Fins + Large removable Center Fin)
- Durable, high pressure valve rated for 15 PSI
- Large Removable Fin
- 4 front D-rings attached with a bungee cord
- 4 more D-rings around the pad for kayak seat attachment
- 1 extra D-ring on the tail for safety leash attachment
- Package includes :
- Dual Action Pump
- 3 piece sports SUP/KAYAK paddle
- Carry bag
- Board leash
- Detachable fin
- Repair kit
- Seat for kayak conversion
|Material||Military Grade Triple layered PVC|
|Number of D-rings||9 D-rings
|Recommended PSI||12- 15 PSI|
|Fins||Tri-fin setup (2 side fixed fins + 1 large removable fin)|
|Carry handles||1 center carry handle|
|Warranty||60 DAY RETURNS + 5 YEAR WARRANTY|
As to not drag you through a long ass review that’s full of unnecessary information, we’ll cut it short and hit you with the BlueFin Cruise dimensions. This board comes in three different sizes:
- The 10’8″ (10.8′ L x 30 W x 6 T) and it can hold up to 310 lbs.
- The 12′ (12′ L x 30 W x 6 T) capable of dealing with 410 lbs.
- The 15′ (15′ L x 35 W x 6 T) with 550 lbs for weight capacity.
The fact that there are 3 sizes of the same iSUP is related to the brand’s policy that revolves around making sure the costumers are happy and comfortable with their products. Anyone, no matter your size you’will find the BlueFin Cruise iSUP very practical and convenient.
Here, we get down to real business. BlueFin used Exo Surface Laminate technology to build the Cruise SUP. It’s a technology that allows the board to be inflated up to 25 PSI with no room left for flex or bounciness where it’s almost impossible to damage the board.
Also, the technicians behind this iSUP are happy to announce the following: “11200 stitches of 500 Derniere Space Yarn per square meter are used to make one rigid board.”
That being said; the BlueFin Cruise is one of the toughest and densest inflatable stand up paddle boards out there with a body that’s UV resistant that can withstand the hot/harsh/salty environments.
The Military Grave PVC material used to build the body of the BlueFin Cruise iSUP is worldwide known to being virtually indestructible. Thus, once you get your hands on one of these iSUPs, know you got yourself something that’ll probably last a life time.
- First things first; the Cruise is featured with an amazing diamond grid crocodile deckpad that’s soft enough for comfortable feet or knees while it’ll also prevent you from losing control when the board is wet or when you’re taking on some waves.
- Next, there is the front storage area with 4 D-rings and a bungee system that’ll allow you to bring whatever necessities with you on board. Also, you’ll find another 4 D-rings on the board’s sides that are strategically put there to fit for a kayak seat. The 8th and last D-ring is on the board’s tail and it’s meant for safety leash attachment like usual.
- Moreover, the Cruise is featured with a rigid central carry handle that’ll make transporting the inflated board single-handedly an easy task. It also comes quite handy when you need to get on the board’s back once you’re in the water.
- The navigation system here is a standard one with three fins and like usual; one the central fin is detachable while the lateral ones are fixed.
- Last but not least; the Cruise comes with a premium grade pressure valve that allows air to move in and out quickly for fast inflating/deflating.
We’d dare say that this is the best part about the BlueFin Cruise; the perfect all-inclusive and complete package.
This board is a total blast given everything we said about it so far, and when you actually get everything you need to rock the water along with the board you wanted so bad you can as well just hit the water the moment you receive it.
With no further due, this is what Cruise’s package got:
- A kayak seat which is a huge plus for any iSUP.
- A dual action pump.
- A removable fin.
- A 3 piece sports SUP/KAYAK paddle.
- A leash.
- And a carry bag.
To be frank; this package does lack a little thing and that is the repair kit. However, which I always end up saying; if you’re a friendly user; you may never need a repair kit.
Consequently; I personally wouldn’t make a big deal out of it though it might come really handy sometimes.
This is something I wanted to talk about all along. The BlueFin Cruise inflatable paddle board comes with an angled nose which we also say that’s sharp to cut through either flat water of waves. It should be almost effortless that you push your way through different water conditions where you’ll both; enjoy your time and workout your whole body.
That being said, the Cruise is a great board for recreational paddling, kayaking, touring or even yoga if you ever wanted to give it a shot since this board is beautifully stable and versatile.
Not only that, the navigation system will allow you to perform some smooth maneuvers and swift turns for a wholesome experience with an optimized fun level.
So far so good, right? Now who can use this board and where? Honestly, anyone can; let’s not forget that it comes in 3 different sizes and that gives so much choice to you a user to decide on what iSUP you can handle.
- The BlueFin Cruise SUP is a very well-put-together iSUP
- It comes in 3 different sizes.
- It’s made of UV resistant military grade PVC material.
- The drop stitch technology here is on a whole different level with the implemented ESL technology.
- It comes with a kayak seat so that you can move from stand up paddle boarding to kayaking in a snap.
- It’s super stable and versatile.
- If anything at all, the only con noticeable is the missing repair kit.