This is not the first time we review a board by Bright Blue and that’s simply because this is a dedicated brand with plenty of choices for their clients as well as the fact that people from all around the world keep on purchasing their boards both the old and new versions.
Today, this is a Blue Bright 11’6″ All-Round Touring review; a board that’s very versatile and appreciated by different users for its performance and quality. Like usual, we’re going to list down everything you need to know about this iSUP and we hope that our review is going to help that this could be the right board for you.
Bright Blue Fusion 11’6″ iSUP Review – Features & Specs
- Large traction pad
- Tie-down system on the nose
- Tie down system on the tail
- 1 center carry handle
- 1 D-ring beneath the nose
- 1 toeing D-ring beneath the tail
- Includes :
- Adjustable Aluminum Paddle
- Hand Pump with Single/Dual Action & pressure gauge
- Detachable Center Fin
- Carry Bag with shoulder straps
- Coil Leash
- Repair Kit with the fabric and valve wrench
|Dimensions||11'6 Long x 33" Wide x 6" Thick|
|Material||Military Grade PVC & Drop Stitch|
|Weight limit||300-350 lbs|
|Number of D-rings||12 D-rings
|Recommended PSI||15 PSI|
|Fins||One large fin|
|Carry handles||1 center carry handle|
|Warranty||2 Year Manufacturer Warranty|
Choosing an inflatable paddle board depends on various aspects on which you’ll base your option. Size is one of them and it’s an important one. The Bright Blue we got here is definitely not a small guy and that will allow me to say that it’s best suited for large and experienced users.
This Bright Blue iSUP is 11 feet and 6 inches long, 33 inches wide and 6 inches thick. If it’s up to me I’d say that these are perfect dimensions for a touring board that could do much more than just that. However, if you’re a small or medium size person with beginner or intermediate stand up paddling skills, the smaller version should be great here (10’6″).
Now, we talk about measurements and dimensions in our reviews because they contribute directly and immensely to the board’s performance. The Bright Blue being 6 inches thick makes it nearly impossible to witness it submerging under water because of weight.
Also, you can only imagine the amount of stability this board can offer being 33 inches wide, and with a weight capacity that can go up to 325 lbs, you’ll be able to pack anything you need on board and get going remaining all roomy, comfortable and balanced.
Bright Blue, and like any other decent brand, knows all the tricks to making strong and durable inflatable stand up paddle boards. The 11.6” board we have here today is made of military grade PVC material that’s used not only to build iSUPs but also kayaks and boats. It’s flexible so that you can easily fold and wrap the board when it’s deflated, and it’s super tough at the same time to make sure the board doesn’t get easily damaged.
The drop stitch technology is also present here; the core of this board is dense and attached to the rest of the boards’ parts which makes it look super smooth and neat. What’s even better is that these materials are all light weight so that the notion behind creating an inflatable SUP holds still. This way, and though the 11.6 is a big guy, pretty much anyone can handle it.
Now unless something really sharp happened to puncture the board, the Bright Blue is meant to last for years and what we really like about this iSUP is that once you inflate it, a lot of people might end up asking you if it’s an authentic board for good it looks and the high end production it got.
I like to start with what’s obvious because if you think about it; what really matters when it comes to design and features it what your eyes catch first thing.
- This inflatable paddle boards comes in Three colors : Red, Blue, Pink.
- Next, there is an EVA traction pad that’s pretty large and it covers more than half the board’s back. It’s super thick and soft which works both sides; adding more rigidity to the board and protecting your feet and keeping them comfortable.
- Another vital feature is the navigation system, and the Bright Blue 11.6” got one with a single large and removable fin. This is a touring iSUP like the title suggests and such activity requires a bit more movement than you’d think; that a full body workout on one hand, and on the other, the single fin makes cutting through water a lot smoother and easier.
- Moreover, and like most iSUPs, the Bright Blue is featured with two tie-down systems; One on the nose and another one on the tail. These storage areas will come really handy when you need more cargo than usual for an extended touring trip with friends.
- Also, there are 2 additional D-rings; one beneath the board’s nose for toeing and the other on its tails where you can attach a safety leash.
- Finally, and so that you can single handedly carry the inflated board, you’ll find a rigid central carry handle that functions perfectly in different scenarios.
The best thing about the Bright Blue 11.6” is how large it is allowing you to be completely comfortable in the water with a great deal of balance and control. Also, the fact that this board is 33 inches wide with a single fin makes it one of the most versatile boards ever being able to remain stable while you can easily pull some swift maneuvers.
Now in terms of who’s going to be using this board, we’d say anyone can. However, being a beginner, one better opt for a smaller board so that transporting it and getting used to this sport comes quick and easy.
Still, there’s another theory that suggests the following; since the Bright Blue 11.6” is a durable, stable and maneuverable board, a beginner shouldn’t find it hard to get a grasp of it without the need to upgrade to a bigger board later.
The Bright Blue 11.6” is definitely not the fastest iSUP out there but it can definitely put up a good fight given all of its great qualities.
- A 3-piece adjustable aluminum paddle.
- A dual action hand pump.
- A repair kit.
- A valve wrench.
- A carry backpack where you can fit the whole thing
- And a safety leash.
- The Bright Blue 11’6” comes in an all inclusive package with great tools and accessories.
- It’s 33 inches wide which is the best you can find on the market.
- It’s stable, versatile and durable.
- It’s a perfect board for touring, recreational paddling and even Yoga if you had to.
- The end production is on point.
- This brand does a great job making some really outstanding iSUPs, and so far, they’ve given us nothing to complain about.