Supflex might not be the biggest or the latest brand in the industry but it is definitely one which can grant you a smooth entry to an infinite world of paddles and giant boards.
If you’re really into paddle boarding but still reluctant as to which iSUP board you’re gonna go with then you have made one step towards the right direction.
Supflex is THE brand for entry level boards as it features a strong / competitive line of entry level boards that are meant to cater for the different needs and characteristics of different people. Hence, that’s exactly what you should be looking for in the Supflex 10′ Inflatable Stand Up Paddle board at hand.
Supflex 10′ iSUP Review — Features & Specs
- Built with military-grade double layer PVC
- Crocodile skin EVA deck; great comfort for Yoga or sitting on the board
- Neoprene carry handle for painless transport
- 3 fins set (1 removable)
- 4 stainless steel D-rings with bungee cord and 1 D-ring near tail
|Dimensions||10' Long x 31" Wide x 6" Thick|
|Material||Ultra Durable Military Grade PVC|
|Weight limit||300 lbs|
|Number of D-rings||5 D-rings
|Recommended PSI||15 PSI|
|Carry handles||1 center carry handles|
|Warranty||30 days Guarantee + 1 year warranty on material|
Measurement is the first step you can take towards a paddle board because it can really determine whether the board is compatible with you or not. Most people tend to take this idea lightly but it’s very critical that you get a board that’s compatible with your size so that you can enjoy your experience to the fullest.
Let’s take the example of the dominant dimension. For height, the Supflex went with a standard and almost generic 10 feet in length as it is a size that fits almost everyone interested in the sport.
At this height, you’ll be able to take full command over your board if you’re a teenager or a young adult. Your body should be distributed evenly on the platform which means that you ought to be closer to the tail of the board than the nose. Learn more about performance in the performance subtitle!
As far as width goes, the board at hand made sure that it’s perfectly in tune by keeping the width at 30 inches straight.
At this width, the board doesn’t look deformed or bulky but at the same time it is made to be stable and reliant enough for a beginning paddler.
Indeed, at 30 inches in width, you won’t have to worry about tipping over with every move you make, instead you’ll be able to move around and balance yourself comfortably as you go.
Last but definitely not least, thickness can say a lot about an inflatable board as opposed to a hard board. At 6 inches in thickness, this Supflex leaves no chances for accidents to take place.
Indeed, it’s common for poorly built inflatable paddle boards less than 6 inches in thickness to bend at the center with time and that’s simply not a possibility when you’re talking about 6 inches.
Quality is indeed a big reference point for inflatable paddle boards because it is undeniably less rigid than a hard board. Nevertheless, inflatable board technology is far more advanced than you’d imagine, so much to the point of taking over the industry as a whole.
Indeed, a lot of inflatable paddle boards have proven to be more efficient and practical than hard boards for many reasons but the first of which is further emphasized with this board right here.
The Supflex 10’ iSUP is one hell of a tough board as it is made out of military grade PVC material. In that respect, this is the exact same material that is used to build military zodiac boats and some bullet proof vests. Moreover, the board is not just tough but it’s also put together strategically with an industrial drop stitch construction that perfectly seals the hull, making it virtually indestructible.
Before delving into the exciting realm of features, it is rather important to at least mention the flawless build of this iSUP down to the smallest details.
Indeed, the board at hand is tighter at the head and bottom, giving it that authentic kayak / surfboard feel while maintaining the identity of an iSUP.
- As far as features are concerned, the Supflex 10’ did not keep anything in store for later and instead bless us with an impressive set of little features that will make your experience a lot more enjoyable.
- In the beginning of time, there were boards without friction pads. It was truly an age of horror but that’s no longer the case because the Supflex 10’ decided to go with a full length gripping pad that covers up over 50% of its surface. Indeed, this pad is a life saver as it will grant you a firmer grip on your board and consequently a better command.
- Also, the Supflex features a tiny but efficient cargo net by the nose of the board which consists of 4 D-rings connected via a bungee cord. The net will prove very handy for storing anything from you paddle to your sandals.
- The board also features one extra large D-ring by the tail which is meant to help tow or secure the board at ease.
- Moreover, the Supflex at hand is just not done without the central carry handle. This handle is cleverly placed in order to enable you to carry out the board individually which is almost always the case. Accordingly, you must keep in mind that any iSUP board without a central handle would definitely require extra help carrying it on land”.
- Last but not least, the navigation system on this board deserves some emphasis as it is not just any system. Indeed, this right here is the triple fin navigation setup which is a successful build that helps beginning paddlers gain confidence and command over their board easily. The tri-fin setup will enable you to track in a straight line better and turn slowly and steadily without risking falling off every time.
The package has become an essential part of any inflatable paddle board because truly half the board remains within the package. Hence, Supflex didn’t hold back at all with this board and decided to go for the complete package and it includes:
- Dual action high pressure hand pump
- Central removable fin
- Collapsible adjustable and floating aluminium paddle
- Coiled leash
- Carry bag back pack to fit all the above + board
- Repair Kit
As far as performance goes, it must be noted that there is no way you can compare this to a competitive level inflatable paddle board because they’re simply made for completely different purposes.
However, what you can say confidently is that the Supflex 10’ iSUP is one of the best performing entry level beginner iSUP boards which will grant you a steady and enjoyable learning partner which will then enable you to access higher performance boards in the future.
Nonetheless, it is important to note that the board at hand is far more advanced than similar entry level boards as its sharp and aqua-dynamic design will grant you the upper hand against any type of environment.
Also, the navigation system with the help of the body hull measurements will grant you a far more stable and easier command over the board which in its turn will help you advance quickly and actually enjoy your experience instead of constantly focusing on staying on the board.
- A healthy package
- A simply and efficient design
- Great stability
- A relatively reasonable price tag
- A solid navigation system
- The board is a bit slow