Inflatable standup paddle boarding is only gaining more popularity with every passing day; it’s easy to pick, it’s affordable and most importantly, it meets the needs of all different water sports’ enthusiasts.
Ten Toes here, is one of the companies that expended their production line to cover almost everything related to this friendly sport, that’s why you’ll find a variety of different inflatable boards, each for a specific purpose.
The iSUP we’re reviewing today is definitely yoga oriented as you can tell by the name; the 10’ Yogi is a stylish yoga board that has the best of both worlds as we’ll get to see as we move on with this review.
Ten Toes Yogi Review — Features & Specs
- Extra long EVA textured foam
- Bungee cord connected through 4 stainless steel D-rings
- Rear ankle leash D-ring
- Towing D-ring on the nose
- 1 carry handle
- 3 removable tracking fins
- Package includes:
- High-intensity manual air pump with gauge
- 3 PC adjustable and lightweight aluminum paddle with easy quick-release
- 3 removable tracking fins
- Repair kit
|Dimensions||10' Long x 36" Wide x 6" Thick|
|Material||Military grade PVC material with Drop-Stitch construction|
|Weight limit||275 lbs|
|Number of D-rings||6 D-rings
|Recommended PSI||15 PSI|
|Carry handles||1 carry handle|
|Warranty||1 year warranty|
Second, the Yogi is 10 feet long which is perfect for yoga; you can practice all positions and routines comfortably and safely.
Wait till you hear this though; this board is 36 inches wide which is by far the best anyone can ever find in the whole market! Ten Toes decided to give it their best with this iSUP to make it the ultimate inflatable yoga board of all time. Being balanced on the Yogi was never easier; it’s so wide you might forget that it’s a stand up paddle board; it feels more like a sturdy water platform.
As for thickness, the Yogi is 6 inches thick which is great for yoga paddle boards; it’ll carry you effortlessly and smoothly while doing your thing, without any chance of water getting to you.
The Yogi is a yoga iSUP par excellence; its design and specification couldn’t be any better for this particular activity.
Ten Toes’ boards are known for being virtually indestructible; the construction process starts from the interior of the board and work its way out using durable drop-stitch technique. It uses tens of thousands of thick, strong, plastic threads to hold the top and the bottom base cloth pieces together. There are about 100 threads every square inch, which guarantees rigidity and maintained shape over the years.
Ten Toes’ inflatable standup paddle boards are made with high-grade materials that zodiacs, river rafts, and some bullet proof-vest are made of. That means that these boards fare better in rocky conditions than traditional hard epoxy boards.
The framework of the board is covered in a multi-layer protective shell and then in a layer of military-grade PVC making it virtually indestructible.
In addition to all that, Ten Toes will give you a 2 years warranty once you order their board; you’ll be covered for long enough to enjoy this blue monster.
Standup paddle boarding is a thing because of this section; what makes an inflatable board worth going for is all the possibilities it allows you before and after inflating it. The Yogi is featured with everything an iSUP needs to outstand in the water; you’ll find:
- A super soft EVA textured foam deck pad that adds to the thickness and density of the board. It almost covers the board’s back completely for best and maximum functionality.
- An extra-long side-pad that produces unsurpassed support for those more elongating poses.
- A reinforced central carry handle that’ll allow you to easily carry the inflated board using one hand, and another handle near the valve in case you needed a second hand.
- 3 removable fins for better navigation and water tracking. They actually deliver a great performance if flat water when it comes to touring and recreational paddling.
- Last but not least, you’ll find 6 stainless steel D-rings; 4 of which are connected with a bungee cord, while the other 2 are for toeing and safety leash attachment.
- I’d have no doubt saying that the Yogi has got the best features an iSUP could have; it’s strong, outstanding and fully equipped.
Given the simple fact that the Yogi is mainly and specifically designed for yoga, its greatest strength point is balance. This board is more balanced than any board that you might have tried; it’s 36 inches wide and that’s something I’d confidently say very rare.
As in other terms, this board did really well in flat water using the paddle to move around. Its all-round shape makes it a good touring iSUP; it’s not floppy and it’s quite easy to control.
Speed is not to be discussed on here because the Yogi might not feel comfortable about it; he likes the balance bubble that is created specifically for him.
This board can also be a great family board; children and dogs can safely ride it with no harm for them or the board.
Personally speaking; I’d always rather go for a complete package to save myself the trouble of separately looking for items and stuff; but with The Yogi, even though the package lacks a carry backpack; I still went for it because of how unique and strong it is. This board comes with:
- A 3Pc adjustable and lightweight aluminum paddle
- 3 detachable fins
- Manual pump
- Repair kit
- Strap to keep the deflated board folded in position
- The Yogi is one of the widest iSUPs out there (36 inches wide)
- It’s stable and sturdy like no other board.
- It’s featured with an extra-long side-pad that allows for unsurpassed support for those more elongating poses.
- It’s featured with a large EVA foam pad covering most of its back.
- It’s made of indestructible PVC material and drop-stitch.
- It could work like a touring iSUP that is great for family trips and recreational paddling thanks to the trio-fin navigation system.
- It comes in Two colors : Seafoam/Marine & Seafoam
- The Yogi’s package lacks a carry backpack.