What i’ve know during the last few years concerning inflatable standup paddle boards is that in order for anyone to make a successful iSUPs industry line, they have to be really serious and passionate about it. It’s not easy to make someone choose an inflatable product over a hard one because we all know that there’ll be something to compromise.
However, standup paddle boarding grew to become a friendly water sport par excellence for anyone who wants to exercise and chill at the same time. Thus, drastic changes had to take place to meets the costumers’ needs and lifestyle.
At this point, Ten Toes chose to fuse the past with the present; in other words, this company holds on to the authentic design given to surfing boards that we all know, and adds to it all the new features and characteristics of what responds to practicality and ease of use measures.
On this review, you’ll get to know one of Ten Toes’ coolest and simplest iSUPs, the Nano 8’.
Ten Toes Nano Review — Features & Specs
- Military grade PVC & Rigid Drop-stitch
- Designed for small riders (i.e: kids and young adults)
- Rolls up into a tight, compact package for simple transporting & simpler storage
- 1 center carry handle
- Comfortable Deck pad and
- 4 D-ring on the nose attached with a bungee cord making a great net
- 1 extra D rings for tying off board on bow and stern
- Tri-fin setup ( Twin outer fins + Large center fin)
- 2 year warranty
- Package includes :
- 3PC adjustable & lightweight aluminum paddle
- 3 removable nylon fins
- Manual pump
- Repair kit
|Dimensions||8' Long x 30" Wide x 4" Thick|
|Material||Military Grade PVC & Drop stitch|
|Number of D-rings||5 D-rings
|Recommended PSI||15 PSI|
|Fins||3 removable nylon fins|
|Carry handles||1 center carry handle|
|Warranty||2 year warranty|
The Nano is 8 feet long, 30 inches wide and 4 inches thick. Most iSUPs that I’ve reviewed are 10 feet long or more which makes the Nano seem to be relatively small. However, that didn’t bother me at all even though I’m pretty sure bigger riders wouldn’t give it a thought.
8 feet for length is enough for anyone to lie down or sit comfortably especially small riders; in fact, this iSUP is designed specifically to help them better carry, pack/unpack or control the board. Also, 30 inches for width is not bad at all given its length; you’ll find enough space to stand with legs open for better balance.
Finally, I do prefer 6 inches thick iSUPs, but the Nano is a really good iSUP if you take into consideration the category of people it was made of. It can take up to 120 LBS, and here I can tell you that the 4 inches thickness will work perfectly fine holding you up the water.
One thing you’re going to like most about the Ten Toes 8’ Nano board is that it’s definitely stiff once fully inflated. This board is made of highly durable military grade PVC material; it’s the strongest in the market, and it’s meant to last for years to come.
The iSUP’s design is sleek and on point that you nearly can’t see the gluing details from a little distance. The heavy-duty stitches are connected to a base-cloth which is covered by a multi-layer protective shell that results in the stiffness of the Nano; it’s a great technology that guarantees your board to be flexible and durable.
Last but not least, Ten Toes will provide you with 2 years warranty in case anything seemed to be wrong on the manufacturer’s part.
For a basic iSUP, the Nano has everything it takes to start a successful paddling experience. The following features are the standards anyone needs to go by, and they’re what make standup paddle boarding accessible and fun.
- You’ll find a diamond grooved EVA traction pad that works like wonders; it’s thick, soft and so grippy. It basically covers half the board’s back, which is more than enough for you to stand or sit comfortably and in control.
- Then, there’s a central carry handle that is comfy and very useful for when you want to carry the board after inflating it.
- Next, 5 stainless steel D-rings are featured on the Nano to hold your cargo needs. 4 of which are on the board’s front and are connected with a bungee cord, while the 5th D-ring is on the tail to attach a safety leash attachment.
- Moreover, the Nano has a trio-fin navigation system which I’d say is the best. All of them are removable for easy packing and storing.
- Last but not least, the Nano comes in 2 different colors; green and blush pink. I could tell right away that female paddlers will love the pink color; it’s soft and very appealing.
A good package is a good deal, because a one-purchase iSUP is better than ordering each item separately. Even psychologically speaking; you’re highly to feel more motivated to start paddle boarding right away once you receive everything you need to do so. Here, you have a complete package that is pretty decent.
- You’re expected to find the deflated Nano board.
- A 3PC adjustable and lightweight aluminum paddle.
- 3 removable nylon fins.
- A manual pump.
- A repair kit
The only thing lacking is the carry backpack which is usually a huge plus for iSUPs’ packages. However, since the Nano is not a huge board, packing it and storing it won’t be of a troublesome process.
The Nano 8’ is quite a nice board, it’s stable though I wouldn’t say it’s the most stable of them all. I enjoyed how light it felt whether inside or outside water; it’s responsive and easy to control.
Taking into consideration its all-round shape and size, the Nano makes a great all-round inflatable paddle board; you can easily take it anywhere with you, and once it’s in the water; it’ll float smoothly and lightly for a great gliding sensation. I even witnessed some people using it for yoga and it did perfectly fine though I thought only a 6 inches thick iSUP could work for yoga.
All in all, the Nano delivered an impeccable performance in flat water, and the fact that it’s 8 feet tall makes it so easy to be dealt with.
- The Nano 8’ is a durable iSUP with 2 years warranty.
- Its all-round design is authentic and perfectly functional in flat water.
- Its size and light weight make it so easy to use, pack/unpack and store.
- It comes in a package that contains everything for you to start paddling right away.
- It’s featured with 3 removable fins.
- It’s suitable for small riders such as children and young adults
- It comes in 2 different colors (Pink and Green)
- The package doesn’t include a carry bag.
- The board is a bit small