After the decision of making their boards a symbol of both; a reformation of the past and a reflection of the present, Ten Toes made it a long way through inflatable standup paddle boards’ industry, producing some of the best and fastest iSUPs relying on hard work and authenticity.
On this review, we’ll get to know more about one of Ten Toes’s biggest inflatable boards; the JETSETTER which is specifically designed to be fast. So, if you’re looking for a board that is large, strong, sharp, fast and simply designed to look authentic, you might like what’s coming ahead.
Ten Toes JETSETTER Review — Features & Specs
- Constructed with military-grade PVC, making it nearly impossible to damage
- Diamond textured comfort foam deck pad for extra stability
- Standardized H3 valve
- Tie-down system for cargo
- One nylon removable fin
- 1 center carry handle
- Package includes :
- 3PC adjustable & lightweight aluminum paddle
- 3 removable nylon fins
- Manual pump
- Repair kit
|Dimensions||14' Long x 30" Wide x 6" Thick|
|Material||Military-grade PVC & dropstitch technology|
|Number of D-rings||5 D-rings
|Recommended PSI||15 PSI|
|Fins||1 large center fin|
|Carry handles||1 center carry handle|
|Warranty||2 year warranty|
This is a board that is meant specifically for racing and picking up speed which brings us to mention that it is best suited for riders with intermediate to advanced paddling skills.
However, if you started to think that the JETSETTER is a little too big for you; you can check the Globetrotter which is pretty much the same board only 12 feet long.
Concerning the remaining aspects, the JETSETTER is 30 inches wide and 6 inches thick which perfectly meet what’s best for this water sport.
These measurements allow the board to keep a very stable performance in different water conditions, as you’ll also notice how it’s nearly impossible to make it bend once it’s fully inflated.
Honestly, with such a size and built quality; I don’t think anything could go wrong with the JETSETTER.
All smart companies with no exceptions understood that in order to make an inflatable stand up paddle boards’ line, they need to make sure that their boards will be able to maintain their shape and performance through years of use.
Ten Toes, like many other universal brands, chose the best and strongest material suited to build their iSUPs.
The JETSETTER is made of military-grade drop-stitched and PVC material for ultimate strength and durability. The parts of this board are stitched and covered with a multi-layer protective shell that holds everything together making it look and feel like one whole piece.
Once fully inflated, this board is very dense and rigid and that’s what makes an inflatable worth it; it’s practical, highly functional, it delivers what it’s made for and it’s virtually indestructible.
Not only that; the company will serve you a 2 years warranty once you order any of their iSUPs which is if you ask me pretty generous compared to that usual 1 year warranty.
I always like to start with stating what’s obvious because it’s simpler that way. The JETSETTER is featured with everything that makes standup paddle boarding what it is and worth your while. You’ll find that:
- The JETSETTER comes in 2 different colors: red/black and Gray.
- This board is also featured with a diamond grooved traction pad that covers half its back; that would be nearly 7 feet of traction pad where you can stand up or lie down while paddling in complete comfort and balance. This pad also adds to the density and thickness of the board as a whole making it feel really hard and rigid.
- Another main quality given to most iSUPs is the bungee system. The JETSETTER is featured with 4 D-rings that are connected with a bungee cord allowing you to secure or store anything you need on board. A 5th D-ring is on the board’s tail for safety leash attachment.
- You’ll also find a central rubbery carry handle that works perfectly for you to easily carry the board after inflating it. It’s a big board I give you that, but its sleek design and quality built make handling it highly maintained.
- Last but not least, the JETSETTER is featured with one large nylon fin that is removable to facilitate packing the deflated board. Water tracking on this board is quite smooth even in choppy water.
Stand up paddle boarding needs some equipment that are preferable to be found along with the board for a smoother experience. That’s why most quality iSUPs are sold in packages that include almost everything necessary to kick it off. The JETSETTER comes with:
- An adjustable 3 piece aluminum paddle; it’s light, rigid and very easy to hold on to thanks to its T-shape grip.
- A high pressure hand pump that can do the job just fine and inflate the board up to 15 PSI. However, I wouldn’t be so hyper about it because this board is huge; an electric pump will do it faster.
- A strap to keep the deflated board folded in place once it’s packed.
- And a repair kit that I hope you’d never use.
As usual, if there’s anything missing, it’s here where I like to mention it. I think that it’s a shame to find such a great strong iSUP with such a nice package lacking a carry backpack. I believe that it’s necessary for every iSUP to come with its own packing bag for more functionality and practicality.
The trapped nose given to the JETSETTER allows it to slice through the water smoothly and swiftly which serves the main reason behind it; speed. Also, the 6 inches thickness make the board really stable even in choppy water which is perfect for touring with some extra weight on (250 LBS is the weight limit). What I liked most about this board is the huge space provided for a traction pad; you get to move freely on while standing and still be stable and safe.
All in all, the JETSETTER is definitely made for big guys who are looking for an upgrade to improve their paddling skills in different water conditions making it one of the most versatile boards out there.
Some of the things I like most about the JETSETTER are:
- Its size that delivers a great performance when it comes to speed and touring abilities.
- The huge traction pad that covers half its back.
- The 2 years warranty.
- And the fact that it knives through water effortlessly thanks to its sleep design.
- It does not come with a carry backpack which is pretty much needed for any large iSUP for better storage and transportation.