Everyone gets to have fun with standup paddle boarding; it’s the kind of sport that takes into consideration all different possible users who’d be interested in some water fun. Hence, Thurso Surf made the Prodigy Junior SUP for kids to discover this awesome friendly sport in all safety but also luxury.
Thurso Surf is a very promising brand with the determination to build quality inflatable SUPs that can easily be ranked amongst the Best iSUPs in the market. Thurso Surf makes all-round, surfing, touring, yoga iSUPs… and more, so, it’s not a surprise to see this extremely well-made board for kids.
Now that you’re here, we strongly advise you to keep on reading and stop looking for an iSUP for your precious kid because this is definitely the one.
THURSO SURF Prodigy Junior Review — Features & Specs
- Large grooved traction pad
- 2 Tie-down system - One on the nose and One on the tail
- 1 Extra D-ring on the tail for safety leash attachment
- 2 Carry handles
- Package includes :
- Prodigy Inflatable SUP
- 3-Piece CARBON Shaft Paddle
- 3 Removable Quick Lock Toolless Fins
- 10 ft. Double Swivel Coiled Leash
- Travel-friendly Storage Duffle Bag
- NO PUMP INCLUDED
|Dimensions||7'6" Long x 30 Wide x 4" Thick|
|Material||TRIPLE/QUAD Military Grade PVC|
|Weight limit||165 lbs|
|Number of D-rings||5 D-rings
|Recommended PSI||15 PSI|
|Fins||2+1 Quick Lock|
|Carry handles||2 carry handles|
|Warranty||2 Year Warranty|
The Prodigy Junior is 7 feet and 6 inches long, 30 inches wide and 4 inches thick; your kid will have plenty of room to do anything he/she likes on this board from lying down to sitting and standing. He or she can also bring their favorite toys on board; there is literally space for anything you can think of.
This board is as wide as any other iSUP designed for adults and that’s to offer the same balance and stability for your child without having to struggle much picking up how it all works.
And of course, since a kid is way lighter than an adult, the Prodigy Junior is 2 inches thinner than bigger iSUPs leaving it to be 4 inches thick which is again more than enough to effortlessly handle up to 165 lbs.
THURSO SURF thrives to make high-quality inflatable SUPs for prices they hope are good for everyone, and since this industry is only growing bigger and faster, the technologies and materials used to build a board like the Prodigy Junior are only getting smarter, stronger, lighter and better.
This board is made of DOUBLE LAYER construction with TRIPLE/QUAD Military Grade PVC coatings on the deck and side just like Thurso’s larger iSUPs. It’s strong enough to handle pressure up to 15 psi which is guaranteed to turn this inflatable kids’ board into a rock-hard platform.
The core as well is reinforced using Drop Stitch material that connects all of the boards’ parts and layers to make it look and feel like one whole piece.
Now what’s even better is that THURO SURF stands behind their products and offers you a 2-year warranty once you purchase one of their iSUPs.
Not only that, you’ll see in the coming section that THURSO’s boards including the Prodigy Junior come in high-quality packages that are guaranteed to take you or your kid on a wholesome and rewarding paddling experience.
Now, don’t think that because this is an iSUP made for kids it’ll be missing any of the features known to standup paddle boarding. Not at all; the Prodigy Junior is fully equipped to make sure your kid is safe while having all the fun he/she deserves.
- Now first things first, the Prodigy Junior comes in 2 colors; blue and pink to suit both girls and boys.
- This board is featured with 2 carry handles that’ll allow the user to drag the inflated board into and outside of the water as well as carrying it around single-handedly. Yes, even a kid can do that.
- There is also the famous traction pad that makes paddling and taking control of the board a lot easier; it’s super thick and soft with a great deal of traction so no foot slips off the board.
- The front deck is featured with a storage area with 4 D-rings and a bungee cord to secure whatever stuff your kids decide to bring along on board.
- For safety matters, the Prodigy comes with an additional D-ring on its tail to attach a safety leash to it.
- Last but not least, this board has a universal navigation system to enhance tracking, control, and speed. This system consists of 3 Removable Quick Lock Toolless Fins for easy attachment and fast/safe packing.
Let’s state the obvious here; the THURSO SURF Prodigy Junior’s package lacks a pump and a repairing kit which are pretty necessary to have a completely functional package. That being said, this board comes with:
3 removable fins
A 10 ft. Double Swivel Coiled Leash
3-Piece CARBON Shaft Paddle that weighs only 2 lbs, it’s stronger and it floats
And a Travel-friendly Storage Duffle Bag.
The Prodigy Junior is an all-round iSUP specially designed for little paddlers who are into this friendly water sport and who deserve to experience it properly. This board is super stable and rigid, especially in flat and calm water. It might not be fast given that it’s only 7 feet long but that doesn’t mean an ambitious kid can’t have some fun on it.
This board is great for kids to learn how to take control over their bodies because stand up paddling is a great full-body workout for both kids and adults to enhance their endurance and body resistance while still having fun.
Once the young paddler starts to grasp how this whole paddling thing works, they can take their board to the beach to try different waters. However, our advice here is that your kid should always be wearing a life-jacket or a floater to make sure he/she is always safe.
The THURSO SURF Prodigy Junior is the best iSUP a kid could probably get.
It’s super strong, stable and durable.
It comes with a great floatable paddle and a safety leash.
It’s light so that a kid can handle it on his/her own.
It comes with a 2 years warranty.
The Prodigy Junior’s package includes neither a pump nor a repair kit.