Vilano has got to be one of the most proliferated brands in the industry of inflatable paddle boards for two main reasons. The first reason is that it is a brand that has branches in multiple sport-related domains, giving it the expertise and validity we need, and the second reason is the fact that it has already successfully launched enough iSUPs to cater for the needs of pretty much every paddler out there.
Accordingly, the Vilano Voyager can be labeled as the synthesis of the Vilano project as it embodies all of its principles within a neat paddle board. Understandably, the board at hand is not an enthusiast racer because it’s actually designed with a different purpose and that is to facilitate your entry to the world of stand up paddle boarding. So, let’s check it out.
Vilano Voyager Review — Features & Specs
- Large anti-slip EVA deck pad for secure footing
- Tie down system for securing your belongings
- Extra D-rings on the side rail for attaching a shoulder strap
- 1 more D-ring on the tail for safety leash attachment
- 1 center carry handle
- 1 removable large center fin
- Package includes:
- The board
- A collapsible paddle
- A hand pump with an integrated pressure gauge
- Removable center fin
- A patch/valve wrench
- A Backpack and shoulder strap
|Dimensions||11' Long x 31" Wide x 6" Thick|
|Material||Strong PVC and Korean drop stitch construction|
|Weight limit||300 lbs|
|Number of D-rings||7 D-rings
|Recommended PSI||15 PSI|
|Fins||1 large detachable center fin|
|Carry handles||1 center carry handle|
|Warranty||1 year warranty|
There are a few things to discover on an inflatable paddle board but all would be useless if it’s not the right match for you. Hence, before you even consider any other variable, you must make sure that the Vilano Voyager is the right size for you.
Starting at the most prominent dimension, the board’s length is almost always an indicator of its compatibility with the paddler because at 11 feet, the Voyager is not going to match every paddler’s profile. However, at this length, the Voyager is going to make a perfect match for young adult and adult paddlers alike.
Meaning, the board will fit in just nicely with anyone who falls in within its range and that will impact your experience as well as the board’s performance.
Further, the board relies just as much on its width to perform the necessary task which is why this Vilano comes at a solid 30 inches.
Indeed, the board’s width strikes an almost perfect length to width ratio which will become evident instability and manoeuver-ability. Hence, a board this wide is definitely a promising standpoint especially for beginners who’ll need all the stability and balance a board can offer.
Lastly, the board’s thickness is what sets this board apart from most entry-level iSUPs out there. Indeed, at 6 inches in thickness, the Vilano Voyager has set the bar pretty high for its competitors which means that you’ll no longer have to worry about the board bending at the center under excessive pressure.
Sadly, it is pretty common amongst thinner boards to showcase weak spots at the center area which can pretty much ruin your entire experience.
You can’t really speak of thickness without touching on the quality of an inflatable paddle board. In that respect, the Vilano Voyager has got to be one of the toughest entry-level boards because it is made of military-grade PVC material. Impressively enough, this multi-layered coat is the same stuff that zodiacs, river rafts, and bulletproof vests are made off, and that makes this inflatable paddle board one of the least vulnerable things that float.
Moreover, the makers of the Voyager thought it’d be necessary to complete the job via an industrial drop stitch construction which molds the hull strongly together thereby reducing any chance for mishaps.
Needless to say, the basic features of any inflatable paddle boards are a general attraction for “transitioners” – These are the people who made the decision to go from hard paddle boards to inflatables – Hence, the Vilano Voyager comes with a set of attractive details that will make your experience a little more enjoyable.
- First things first, the most significant feature on this set has got to be the giant gripping pad, covering pretty much all of the board’s platform. This is the most significant feature because it’s the only one that you’ll definitely notice when it’s gone because it doesn’t only improve your balance and stability but it also grants you a firmer grip and commands over the board.
- The board at hand also exhibits a certain amount of D-rings distributed as follows:
- on the nose of the board, you have 4 rings, attached together via a bungee cord to make a little cargo net that will help you store / secure your belongings.
- Then, there is the tail D-ring which is meant for ankle leash attachment.
- Lastly, the board is featured with 2 D rings on the side rail of the board which can be used to attach a shoulder strap and carry the inflated board easily and comfortably.
- Speaking of carrying handles, the Voyager features a very practical central carry handle which will come in especially handy when you’ll want to transport this board individually when it’s inflated.
As far as performance goes, we believe that it has been stressed enough earlier that this is primarily an entry-level board. Meaning, the Voyager is developed with a beginner in mind and that entails the fact that it’s going to put balance, stability, and safety ahead of racing characteristics.
Nonetheless, this Vilano is still very capable of bringing you to your knees due to its smooth low resistance edges, its sharp tail, and its very responsive single fin navigation system.
Accordingly, there isn’t a lot to say about this board except the fact that it is everything you’ll need to initiate your way into this sport in style. So, if you’re a beginner then you’ll definitely be thrown off your heels on this bad boy.
Undeniably, the packaging is often either a deal maker or breaker, depending on what the board has to offer because the package can really make the difference between a great experience and a big pain in the butt. Luckily, this board comes in an all-inclusive package that includes:
- A lightweight robust paddle
- A high-pressure hand pump with pressure gauge
- A backpack carry bag for the board
- The Vilano Voyager 11′ iSUP comes in a complete package.
- It’s a great recreational paddle board.
- It’s featured with 2 D rings on the side rail to which you can attach a shoulder strap for easy transportation.
- None that we can think of at the moment.