Xterra does not necessarily produce the cheapest inflatable paddle boards but it definitely makes some of the best out there. In order to fully understand the potential of the Xterra 10’ inflatable paddle board, you must learn that it’s one of the company’s latest additions to their line of entry level iSUPs.
Hence, the board at hand is certainly an accumulation / build up of the entire series of boards that came before it. In other words, this is the synthesis of everything that should be in an inflatable paddle board.
Xterra Boards 10′ Premium Review — Features & Specs
- Rigid Drop-stitch & Double-Sided reinforcement
- Comfortable Deck pad and handle
- Bungee Deck Rigging, with 4 d-rings including bungee cords on the bow to hold gear
- 1 extra D rings for tying off board on bow and stern
- Tri-fin setup ( Twin Outer Fins + Large removable Center Fin)
- Package includes :
- High-pressure pump & integrated pressure gauge
- Three-piece travel Paddle
- Large removable Center Fin
- Repair Kit
- Heavy Duty Mesh Backpack
- Ten foot Coiled Leash
|Dimensions||10' Long x 30" Wide x 6" Thick|
Rigid dropstitch & double-sided reinforcement
|Number of D-rings||6 D-rings
|Recommended PSI||14 PSI|
|Fins||2 side fixed fins - 1 large removable fin|
|Carry handles||1 center carry handle|
|Warranty||1 year warranty covers workmanship and material|
Hence, length is the most anticipated dimension for most boards nowadays because it can make all the difference. Accordingly, the Xterra at hand stands at a solid 10 feet which happens to be the generic length for these boards as it is compatible with people of most sizes and that includes anyone from children and young adults to adults. Also, the length of the board definitely gives you that extra push you need to get swift with it. So, don’t be afraid of trying new things or even go light surfing on this bad boy.
Since this is a dynamic iSUP, it can be used for several practices such as yoga, fishing, touring and surfing and that has a lot to do with its width. Indeed, at 30 inches in width, the Xterra will enable you to gain full control over the board at ease instead of jittering with every movement. This is a great feature for everyone but especially for beginners as it will enable you to focus on the actual paddling instead of continuously trying not to flip the board over.
The least emphasized dimension amongst board is thickness which is a common mistake because it has more consequences than you think. Indeed, the best part about the Xterra at hand is that it comes at 6 inches in thickness instead of the standard 5 or 4. Accordingly, the risk of bending it at the center under a lot of weight is pretty much non-existent. Also, the board’s thickness will enable you to remain stable and above water level at all times which is great for people who enjoy paddling through all seasons fully clothed.
Of course quality is important but it’s even more important for iSUPs because not all offers on the market are completely reliable. Indeed, one of the biggest concerns people have with inflatable paddle boards is durability which is why Xterra places more focus on quality before anything else.
In that respect, the Xterra at hand is made out of the sturdiest PVC materials. In fact, this board is made out of the same material the army uses to build zodiac boats and some bulletproof vests. Further, the manufacturer takes it one step ahead with an industrial drop stitch construction that perfectly seals the board’s hull together, making it virtually indestructible.
It is undeniable that the Xterra 10’ is a leading inflatable paddle board on all fronts. From a sturdy hull to an industrial coherent design, the board is simply unmatched but that doesn’t take you long enough without the proper set of features that every iSUP needs. So, let’s take a look at what this board has to offer:
- Adding to the elegant and stylish design of the board, the manufacturer includes a built in EVA pad which goes seamlessly with the overall look of the board. More importantly, the pad in question is going to make your life a lot easier via granting you a far better grip and consequently command and control over the board.
- The board also comes with a few D-rings scattered all around the surface. Starting at the nose, the board features 4 rings connected via a bungee cord which make a great practical cargo net. The net can be used for several purposes but it’ll come handy especially for securing your paddle, sandals, coolers or sunglasses …etc. The board also features one D ring on the nose for towing the board and another one on the tail for safety leash attachment.
- The Xterra 10’ inflatable paddle board at hand features a central carry handle which is more practical for individually carrying your board outside of the water.
- Moreover, the navigation system on this board is rather remarkable as it exhibits a triple fin system with a removable central fin. The 3 fins will make it impressively easier for you to track in a straight line especially on calm water such as lakes. Also, the fact that the central fin is removable will make it possible for you to keep it at bay when surfing shallow water.
As far as performance goes, there is no denying that this isn’t a racing board. Truly, the Xterra 10’ iSUP is definitely not built for competitive paddling but as an entry level paddle board it makes a great opportunity. In fact, the board at hand might be a little more than just an opportunity as its smooth nose will keep you from easily losing balance and the wide body will keep you in charge of the board without the risk of falling off.
All in all, the overall construction of the board at hand and the navigation system make this Xterra a solid entry level inflatable stand up paddle board which is more than any beginner needs.
Of course packaging is indispensable for inflatable paddle boards because it can make all the difference. I wish I were exaggerating but that’s actually pretty true since inflatable paddle boards require a certain set of equipment to actually get you somewhere. Hence, the Xterra at hand comes with:
- Adjustable light weight paddle
- Removable travel fin
- Ankle leash
- Easy carry back pack that fits all of the above
- Repair kit
- The Xterra 10′ Premium iSUP is very well-engineered
- It comes in a complete package
- It becomes quite rigid and sturdy once inflated to the recommended PSI
- It tracks and glides like a charm
- It’s easy to inflate/deflate and not too heavy to carry
- It’s very easy to maneuver even in choppy water
- The Xterra 10′ iSUP is a bit expensive